Of Bravery and Bedrooms - A Boudoir Session

There are a million things I want to do, learn. Some involve photography, the different ways I can wield my camera. Angles. Perspective. Gear. Lighting. Shadow. Macro. The list goes on ad infinitum. I hope my quest for knowledge -- experience -- never changes; I hope I always hunger for more. 

I have been thinking about boudoir photography a lot lately. It has been on my radar for awhile, since college, really, when I first saw a Suicide Girl and the concept of modern pin-up photography entered my consciousness.  Then I saw Anda's new site this spring, and the hunger became stronger, more prevalent. A burn rather than an ache. A constant whisper in the back of my mind pleading, "do it. try it. shoot."  

And so I did.

Luckily, I have some amazing friends.  Amazing, beautiful, brave friends. The kind who volunteer to pose for me so I can "get my feet wet." 

The photos below capture a woman whom I feel truly blessed -- honored -- to know. A woman whose strength is so intertwined into her character, it is impossible not to feel it when you stand next to her.  A woman who embodies the reason behind my desire to make pretty, empowering, ethereal, dreamy photos of women. Raw. Uninhibited. Exquisite.

My sincerest, deepest, most profound thanks to Angie. For your time. Your beauty. Your strength.  I appreciate you more than you know.  And while I'm not sure if I'm ready to announce "Athena Pelton Boudoir," I do know that I'd like to keep practicing. (And that I need a 35mm lens...bedrooms are small.)


I'm glad I have a lot of brave friends.


Always Love,
A

1 comments:

Alex said...

These are absolutely beautiful, and so is she! I love the black and white ones especially - and the 4th one is gorgeous! Keep it up!

Post a Comment