Longing

The last two weeks of my life were spent in pure, perfect, unadulterated bliss. From Austin to Minneapolis to rural Wisconsin to St. Paul to Madison and back again, I enjoyed every jam-packed second of my time back home.  This place, this land of crazy weather and football feuds, cheese curds and microbreweries, is a part of me. My soul. The very fiber of my being.  I didn't take nearly enough photos. Which felt nice, at the time; To be able to set my camera down and just .... be. But now, a few days since we arrived back in Austin, I feel rather empty. As if I somehow enjoyed too much and captured too little.  Or perhaps, the emptiness is a sign of what I am actually missing--pieces of myself left on the bittersweet smiles of loved ones waving goodbye....

To all of you who made my trip so amazing, so very special, my sincerest, deepest, and most appreciative thanks. I sit here, behind tear stinging eyes, missing each and every single one of you.  Longing for a future where our time together isn't divided, slotted, scheduled ever so carefully, between vacation days and holidays. When a phone call is all it takes.


Because a phone call is all it should ever take.


Always.


Always Love,
A

2 comments:

Himbokal said...

TL:DR

Anonymous said...

I believe this was around a 100 word count. I was able to read it and I enjoyed it very much.

Post a Comment